Monday, July 30, 2007

Synchronicity

I am having a Wolfgang moment, as in music has a way of speaking to me at the precise time I need it.

While I was still under the influence of the I am a loser mood manifestation that inspired the previous post, I started playing the Orishas music I previously mentioned. One of the songs is called "Conexión" and it has a great line that spoke to me in such a great in-your-face way:

El destino esta marcado nadie lo puede cambiar
Pero ten siempre presente tu esfuerzo no esta de más
Lo que no sirve de nada sácalo ya de tu mente
A veces vale nadar en contra de la corriente

I am not an expert translator, so I could not reproduce the sense of rythym, but the lyrics could be translated as follows:

Destiny is fixed no one can change it
But always keep in mind that your efforts are not in vain
Get out of your mind that which is useless
Sometimes it's necessary to swim against the current

Well, it's quite late. If I don't try to go to bed I will never sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Heh... That's pretty cool! I have my own moments! Thank you!

    Truth is, I am now in the "I am a loser" mood. I needed something to pick me up. You helped. Thanks for that. Your lyrics are also helpful, I just wish I knew enough Spanish to read them with their natural rhythms intact. I'm sure the translation couldn't do them justice. No fault of yours, translations are just that way.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks a pretty good translation, although I certainly can't verify it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. El Miope Mayor te escogió para continuar con el monumento al Yo-Yo. Pasa por Legión Miope y luego decide si vas a seguir yoyeando o no. Yo sólo cumplo con el emplazamiento. Au revoir.

    ReplyDelete