Friday, August 24, 2007

Los náufragos

I'm pulled down by the undertow
I never thought I could feel so low
oh darkness I feel like letting go
If all of the strength
And all of the courage
Come and lift me from this place
I know I could love you much better than this
Full of grace
Full of grace
My love


Sarah McLachlan, Full of Grace

What is a lover? Tough question to answer. I know what a lover is not, should not, could not be.

A lover is not the missing piece that completes the puzzle of your soul.
A lover is not a mirror upon whose surface you'll see yourself.
A lover is not a band-aid for your broken heart.
A lover is not a cash register.
A lover is not a trained monkey, ready to jolt you out of boredom.
A lover is not a cause waiting for you to embrace it.

A lover is not a lifeline.
Rather, a lover is lost at sea, like you.
Clinging to the same piece of driftwood.
Hoping you both make it to shore.





Painting: "Los amantes" by Remedios Varo

No comments:

Post a Comment