Thursday, August 23, 2007

When cliches make sense

Sometimes I think hard about how to write in this blog, how to convey feelings or ideas in a way that isn't trite. Maybe I am not imaginative enough, but there are times when I inevitably find myself resorting to cliches.

My brain is overloaded? Check.

I wake up on a Thursday morning and wonder where the hell the week went and how is it that life is passing me by? Check check.

I feel like if I lower my guard and open the floodgates I am going to cry myself out? Check check.

I tell myself to hang on, that tomorrow is another day and that life is what I make of it? Check times three.

I am writing a meta-post about the trappings of blog writing? Check ad infinitum.

I suppose I could try to come up with less tired ways of putting into words what I want to say, but frankly I am too tired and too stressed lately to attempt any kind of writing finesse in my everyday efforts. At this stage, I am just trying to keep active. I desperately need it. Nine months after I started a blog, I still see this as my personal journal. I write to find my way out of the fog (check).

5 comments:

  1. This all makes perfectly good sense to me, Ingrid. I often wish I had the time, dedication, and energy to really work on creative writing for my blog - to do it artfully, but instead I also use mine as a journal to document where I've been and where I'm going. I promise you'll look back on this time ten years from now and see how far you've come. Hang in there, things cycle, it gets better! Do something nice for yourself - you need a "Calgon" moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with using your blog as a personal journal... Enjoy the moment... don't worry about making every post 'perfect' - they are you and your outlet...

    the harder you work at it, the harder it will be to attain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cliches are cliches because they are so true [here goes another cliche ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More hugs for you. I hope you find your way out of this fog soon. I am thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what i do when i cant seem to get flowing is write short little rhyming poetry.. it is easy and fun and get s the juices flowing so to speak....

    ReplyDelete