Monday, September 24, 2007

It's just one of those mornings

The fact that today is Monday makes it hard, but it is not the sole reason for my mood this morning. The thought of all the stuff pending at work makes it worse. The reminder of multiple looming deadlines paralyzes me. I don't think I can leave the house today. The very idea of taking a shower and getting dressed is more than I can handle right now. Getting in my car, driving to work and seeing other people fills me with anxiety and dread. I don't think I can deal with that today. Left to my own devices, I would crawl into bed and sleep.

Lucky for me, I brought my notebook computer from work home on Friday. So I will be able to connect to the office and work from here. I may have to bite the bullet and head to the office later today, as I think my boss' boss invited me to attend his weekly staff meeting today. I don't get invited every week, and usually when I do it is because they need me there to answer questions or whatnot. So if I check my calendar and the meeting is today, I will have to muster all my willpower in order to go. Just thinking about leaving the house sends my heart racing.

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel. There are days when I cannot move or breathe just thinking about all that HAS to GET DONE.

    It is all too overwhelming at times.

    I have found the best way for me to deal with that feeling, is just to do ONE THING AT A TIME, and at my own pace.

    Thankfully you can work from home today.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete