Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Three Word Wednesday #93

The Three Word Wednesday words for today are: Indifferent, Pour, Reason

I woke up early again today. I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down at the computer for a while. It is nice to have this quiet time to myself. Then I woke up Gabe and brought him some coffee, and I woke up Isabel to get her ready for bed. It's Splash Day today at daycare, so she was excited. She wanted to make sure we brought Mr. Octopus to school, because he is her friend. Mr. Octopus is a baby towel, one of those with hoods. There is an Octopus design on the hood, complete with tentacles that graze her forehead when we put the hood on. She's had Mr. Octopus since she was born, and she loves him.

I suppose I could work from home if I wanted to. My boss is working from his home today and I could take advantage of that and work remotely. But I am indifferent about staying home today. I can tell I am not in the midst of one of my depression spells, becase I do not mind at all going into the office today. In fact, I am looking forward to being on campus today.

Days like this are evidence that my dark periods are not the product of reason, but are bio-chemically driven. There is nothing different about my circumstances today than what they were a few weeks ago. We are still dealing with the same stresses at work and daily life, but somehow the looming terror of being shamed and destitute is absent from my mind. I do not want to run away screaming if I go to the cafeteria. I just show up, do my job and kid around with my cubicle neighbors.

I am feeling happy today, and it is not due to anything specific. I just am. And it's a great feeling.

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're having a happy day :)

    I like the new layout up top: that's neat.

    I thought of you when I was in Puerto Rico two weeks ago: it really is amazing how things are both "foreign" and "American." I couldn't wrap my mind completely around it. No clue how you've managed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TC, I totally get what you are saying. I guess growing up it was all I knew, so it was normal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eventually they will discover that every problem has a brain component.

    Glad that your mood is better

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to meet you. This is my first time participating in 3WW. I'm also glad you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks.

    Pia, I just read your 3WW entry. You have piqued my curiosity and I will definitely read past entries.

    Joyce, welcome to my blog and welcome to 3WW. It's been ages since I participated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, ages since you participated! Good to see you back, and glad that you're having a happy day. I don't pretend to know why you might run screaming from the cafeteria (apart from the obvious reasons that make us all want to run screaming from the cafeteria)... have only seen your 3WW post and nothing else recent, sorry. Today's a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PJD, I had recently been battling some really grim mood swings, and for a while I did not even want to go in person to the office.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh honey....I am beyond pleased to read this. Its so nice to see you participating in something you love to do....and GREAT JOB to boot.

    xxoo xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good days are those which keep us going! Glad you're having one today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling good. I have had moments lately where I haven't wanted to leave the house so I know what you mean. Glad you are participating in something you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i havent had a good day in a while. but it makes me happy that someone else is. :) and i really like the honesty here.. dark phases are hardly ever a product of reason.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am reading "The Brief and Wonderous life of Oscar Woa" whose character is a Dominican. He uses a lot of the same language and I am enjoying the adventure of reading the author, Junto Diaz's work.

    Happy 3ww! An July 4th

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, San and Daily Panic. Welcome to my blog. Thanks for visiting.

    Daily P, I am curious. Tell me what you mean by "the same language."

    ReplyDelete