Friday, September 05, 2008

Friday morning

This morning my fasting blood glucose is 94. Every time I get a good reading like that, I get excited. This reading is particularly significant to me, because I did not go to the gym last night. Typically, when I do not go to the gym, the morning after my blood sugar is a bit on the high side. But our dinner last night was fantastic and low in carbs- Wild Alaskan Cod, lightly coated with panko bread crumbs and seasoning, and baked in the oven. We ate that with a salad and avocado slices. It was awesome.

I missed the gym last night, though, and I am a bit upset. Wednesday evening I took a break from my workout because I was feeling tired and had been working out hard the previous days. Yesterday I missed the gym because I had to be home to meet the ATT technician who came to swap a noisy DVR box. He came around 7:30 PM, and by the time he was done, it was just too late to go to the Y. I was bummed about that, and today I already feel the urge to get moving.

I feel very blah this morning. I have to rush to meet a deadline at work. I am not motivated to work today. All I can think of today is going to the pool. I would love to have a good swim. I also wish I was all by myself today. I am not in the mood for the joys of motherhood today. Paula has a really rotten attitude lately, and Isabel is not far behind.

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy do I know how you feel. I wish I was ALONE in my own little island today. my son started 7th grade and his TUDE proves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula is in 5th grade, but she acts like she's in middle school already. I am getting tired of the attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news about your blood glucose level. I know what you mean about the alone time - sometimes I crave it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear about your readings, sounds like the hard work is paying off!

    And yes, I'm VERY ready for some alone time too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. Um. my son's attitude started in 5th grade....and its just getting worse.

    I hate teenagers!

    ReplyDelete