Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday mood (anticlimactic)

Maybe I need to take a step back and chill out. This is not the right day for feeling blue. It's Friday, the weekend is coming. I should be feeling giddy with anticipation, not tumbling down this rabbit hole.

Today is one of those days that serves as proof of why I should never be a full-time telecommuter. I need people today. I need human interaction other than my immediate family. Unfortunately, Friday is a day that most people work from home, so there will not be that many people on campus. Hopefully I can shake off the tunnel vision and go have lunch with a friend.

5 comments:

  1. I'm feeling a little bit blue myself at the moment, hon. Hope the clouds clear for both of us soon. I blame the menopause which my doctor says could be as much as ten years away, but I feel it bearing down on me. Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the recent weather changes have something to do with how you've been feeling. A day or two after the recent storm, I just started feeling sucked dry of energy and have had to force myself to keep getting things done. Because of my nuerological illness, I'm more physically sensitive to changes in the barometric pressure than most people, and I can promise you the nighttime pressure has been quite a shift from the daytime pressure. My husband and I have both had restless sleep this week for no apparent reason. I've been cranky. And today, even though home is the place where I'm happiest, I just feel like I'll need to get out this afternoon. I've been out a few times this week for errands, but I really need to get out of the house for relaxation today. Even working in the garden wouldn't be enough.

    Sound familiar? I couldn't help but chuckle a little over how your last few posts could describe me this week. So really, I think the weather may be a factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather definitely has an impact here, too. Add hormones and all sorts of other things and there you go, perfect cocktail. I hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I do hope your weekend turned out okay.

    ReplyDelete