Tuesday, June 16, 2009

So many outlets, so little to say...

I have this blog. I have a Facebook page. I have a Twitter account. I am mostly silent, preferring to post pictures more than anything else.

Presently, I lack a burning desire to communicate heartfelt memories. I have no scintillating confessions to share with the world, no deep thoughts to regale you with.

There's lot going on in the world, as always. Fraudulent elections and popular protests. Rogue nations threatening nuclear war. Thousands upon thousands of people losing their jobs. All of this is discussed in various digital outlets, bypassing established media constrictions and, in the case of Iran, government censorship. All of that is more interesting than whether I had a bagel or an English muffin for breakfast, and what are my plans for the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there. I found you through "Selma in the City"(she's one of my favorite blogs!), and I am enjoying your posts here!
    Come drop in on me, too, if you like.
    Peace, woman.
    www.lisananetteallender.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I want to know whether or not you had a bagel or an English muffin for breakfast, and what you are doing for the weekend.

    PS: Happy Father's Day to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in what's going on in the world and I like to know what's going on with my friends too. Particularly stuff like what kind of English muffin they like. I might try it out the next time I'm at the store and discover that I like it too.

    Win Win. :)

    ReplyDelete