Monday, November 05, 2007

Happy birthday, Boricua in Texas

My blog is a year old as of last Saturday. I wrote my very first blog post on November 3, 2006. Now, one year and 434 posts later, I look back and I can honestly say I had no idea what I was getting myself into, and I am so glad I did. I started my blog to force myself to write, and in a year I have started to get more comfortable with my writing and make some progress, although I have a long, long way to go. I have also found a great little group of bloggers whose pages I read every day, a place where I fit in.

Because I have a limited amount of time, and I am spending so much of it blogging or reading blogs, I have neglected some of the baby boards I was a part of through my second pregnancy and the birth of Isabel. I am not too happy about that, but I am able to keep in touch with some of them who keep blogs like me.

Will I still be here next year, writing about my second blog anniversary? I very much hope so. I have learned not to make categorical statements, because you never know where life takes you, but I very much intend to continue my blog. It has been an enriching first year.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Ingrid! Let your writing take it's course, whether it's in the form of blog or another format. We all have to evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogaversary. :) how cool is that? I just made 6 months here. :) Seems like I have always been doing it...but also seems that time has flown by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Happy Birthday Blog.

    Isn't it amazing to see how far you have come in a year. In print.

    I hope you stick around another year.

    I know how taxing maintaining a blog can be. Keeping up with your favorites, trying to pump out new posts...falling in love with a blogging 'community' where you feel support, love, passion, pride, laughter, tears...taking and needing breaks... its all worth it.

    I am almost "two years old" in the blogosphere, and I wouldn't trade a day, a post, a reader, or a comment....

    Happy Anniversary Ingrid. Congrats, Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy First Blog Birthday, Ingrid, may you write happily for many, many more! I am delighted to have met you here. Loved your comment about not making categorical statements - yup, I've learned that too. But I'd like to think that five years from now we will be enjoying photos and stories of your girls becoming all grown up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes congrats! and look forward to sharing another year with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O, I missed your Birthday :( Happy late Blog-birthday!!

    Wow, 1 year!! I'm praying to make it to 6 months!! So glad I met you...Here's to another year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Blog Birthday. I am glad you kept your blog because I was able to meet you. Keep up the good work. Hope your writing blossoms.

    Good Night
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete