Thursday, January 03, 2008

Slow day in cubicleland

It's a quarter to noon. Someone is eating lunch at their desk. I can smell it. I am hungry, but I am too lazy to make up my mind what to eat.

I am running some automated reports right now. Things are slowly starting to pick up at the office. I am glad about that. I already had a conference call this morning, and stuff to do for a project from this task force I belong to.

Other than work, my focus is mainly on the house, and all the things we need to do to make it more convenient and enjoyable to live in it. We still need to finish painting. And we have stuff in the storage unit that we need to bring home. All in due time, I guess. I don't want to start the new year in a frenzy.

2 comments:

  1. I am battling the temptation to start the new year in a frenzy. SO MUCH TO DO! SO MUCH TO CHANGE! I am trying to manage by tackling one - just one - change at a time.

    Maybe today will be faster for you - what with it being Friday and all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my office has been DEAD & BORING all holiday season. It makes me wish I was HOME. I feel like it is such a waste of my time to BE HERE when there is NOTHING to do...but SO MUCH to do AT HOME....

    ReplyDelete