Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A little less pressure, for now

Yesterday I had to present a proposal to my boss' boss, on an issue that has been causing friction and tension between groups. It is a high visibility matter and in the end someone is going to be pissed. The conflicts arising from this unresolved matter have been the biggest source of stress for me the last four months. Unfortunately, this is not something that will be completely solved without fallout. For the rest of the year, I will continue to deal with the consequences of whatever decision is made. And then it will be time to review the decision again, at which time the stress will start anew.

Still, it feels better to at least have a concrete plan and proposal in place. The final decision is in the hands of an executive, and I will find out this morning what the outcome is. Until it comes, I feel as if a weight has been lifted. Whew!

1 comment:

  1. honey....it sucks when WORK overtakes our lives like this. The never ending stress the limited-shitty-temporary "solutions"

    Its just awful.

    .....I really hope that you get at least a few months to 'CHILAX'...or at best enjoy more time with your children, play on your new floors, take fabulous photos with your new camera and write again....

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete