Friday, September 07, 2007

Seven songs I am singing

My friend, the amazing Lori, tagged me today. She has asked me to share seven songs that I am singing right now. If you have read my blog the last few days, you probably know that I have been on an eighties groove ever since Wolfgang started it by posting his 10 favorite eighties songs.

Right after I made my top 20 list, I started remembering more old songs I loved. Some of them I love more than what I put on the list. I will not go back and change it, but since I can't get these songs out of my head now, you'll have to endure them.

1- Down Under, Men at Work. How could I have forgotten that one? I was a major Men at Work fan. It's always been a favorite of mine. The video always cracked me up. And I heard about vegemite for the first time.

2- Talkin' Bout a Revolution, Tracy Chapman. Tracy Chapman's music is timeless. This song is as fresh now as when it first came out.

3- The Way it Is, Bruce Hornsby and the Range. It was the piano that hooked me, but the lyris are great too. I bought their recording when it first came out and loved to listen to this song. Apparently the piano has inspired everybody and their brother, as YouTube is full of cover videos of the song.

4- The Glamorous Life, Sheila E. This song kicked ass back then and it's still great.

5- We'll Be Together, Sting. I was such a Sting fan from the time he was in the Police through his first four solo records. This song was from his second release. The video was on heavy rotation on MTV.

6- Who's that Girl?, Eurythmics. The language of love slips from my lover's tongue... cooler than ice cream and warmer than the sun... This is one of my favorite songs by Eurythmics.

7- Electric Avenue, Eddy Grant. What can I say? I can't get it out of my head! How can I resist lyrics like these?

Workin' so hard like a soldier
Can't afford the things on T.V.
Deep in my heart I abhor you
Can't get food for the kid






3 comments:

  1. Men at Work! Yay, Men at Work! They are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them. They had so many great songs. Overkill, It's a Mistake, Who can it be now?, and some of the others that were not hits.

    I've been playing with iTunes and I found Colin Hay's album named "Going Somewhere." It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Down Under" is another of my favorites! I forgot so many songs!!!

    ReplyDelete