Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Morning Dread

I was on vacation all of last week. Today is my first day back at work. My daughter is still off school until tomorrow, so today I am working from home.

As I log into the office netwrok and await for my e-mail inbox to be updated, I am filled with a sense of dread. I do not know what awaits me, what fires need to be put out.

I wonder how many people going back to work after Spring Break feel the same.

NOON UPDATE: Things are going along OK. There were no trainwrecks waiting for my return, thankfully. There is work to do, but no emergencies so far. I am catching up and doing conference calls.

2 comments:

  1. i dread going to work every single day, not just after a nice break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been there, Meleah, not that long ago. In fact, since January things at my current post have been so tense and hectic that I have not enjoyed my job that much. I hope it finally blows over.

    ReplyDelete