Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday morning

It's 6:35 AM. Usually at this hour Paula wakes up and I send her to get ready while I have coffee and go online. Today my alone time will be cut short because Gabe needs to finish a project. It's OK, I'll find some time later.

Yesterday I enrolled in NaNoWriMo. I had no idea this existed, and found out about it through a post by a friend on one of the boards I go to. Fifty thousand words in a month may be more that I can do, and I started with a few days' delay. But I like the challenge, and to push myself a little bit. I have not sat down to consistently write fiction in years. This month I will only have nights to write what I need. We'll see if I make it and what comes out of it.

I have also, in a way, committed to the whole Flylady thing with my friends from the board. My friend Amanda and a few others swear by this, and my house is always so messy and cluttered that we need all the strategic help with can get. I say in a way because I have not been making daily lists, as my friends have. And I confess that I have not shined my sink consistently the last few days.

This is so typical of me, biting off more than I can chew. Starting things without knowing whether I will have the time to commit. I can already predict what will happen. When faced with two challenges, one domestic and one creative, I will have a tendency to leave the domestic one aside and focus on the creative. In fact, I don't even need the creative challenge to put off the domestic one. So it will be a big effort to try and juggle the two. Plus work from 9 to 6. Plus the girls. Maybe I should go looking for something else I can volunteer for.

No comments:

Post a Comment