Sunday, July 22, 2007

This really has been a rotten day

I so wish I had the power to just rewind and start this day again, or skip forward and have it be Monday already.

At the pool we had an okay time, but Isa threw a few fits because she definitely did not want to wear her life vest. My patience level was dangerously low. Then it rained, so we just went home. It wasn't a very long visit.

Also, Gabriel lost his wedding ring. He is pretty upset about it. His ring has been feeling loose for a while, and he really can't remember what happened. All he knows is all of sudden it wasn't on his finger anymore. We both remember he had it on last night. He's looked everywhere with no luck.

To cheer ourselves up, we got two pints of Blue Bell ice cream (chocolate for me, mint chocolate chip for Gabe). I also broke down and bought the Deathly Hallows book.

There's ice cream left. Gabe's at the gym and Isabel is at my in-laws. I was just now watching a documentary on HBO about coma patients. Tough.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a rough day all around. I hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, shoot. I hate days like that. Hopefully between the Blue Bell and the delicious new book, your day can wind down peacefully. (Tell Gabe I want some of his mint choc chip!!)

    Oh, and I am sure he is just sick about losing his wedding ring. Mine is a little loose-fitting, too, and I have had a couple of close calls. I hope it turns up somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly the BlueBell should help? Always does for me... we should really get together this week... I think we are both gonna be in a funk and you know misery loves company!
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Amanda, we should definitely meet for lunch. Hopefully by then we'll be feeling better.

    ReplyDelete