Friday, July 20, 2007

Who says TV is not inspiring?


I made arroz con pollo tonight. I did not follow any specific recipe because it is a dish that I have eaten and cooked many times. It's a huge dish in Puerto Rico. It's been a while since I have made/had some, so I was very much looking forward to the end product.

Watching Top Chef on Wednesday, and seeing Hung fail at his arroz con pollo attempt, made me hungry for the dish and proud that I can cook something better than a very competent chef.

Now it's time for dinner. Yay! I also made some habichuelas to go with it, and bought some avocado to serve as a side. Combined with the rice, it's yummy.




6 comments:

  1. do you like guineitos en escabeche with tembleque por el lado?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious!

    Also, you should check out my last post. It seems you have won an award...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooo that looks so darn yummy! :)wish I had been there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmmmmm, Ingrid! That looks delish! Wanna come over and cook for us? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Manny. Me gustan los guineitos en escabeche y me encanta el tembleque, pero no mezclados.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no mezclao no.. fooo... jeje.. hace poco mami hizo un mofongo relleno de coditos.. quedo bien rico con queso

    ReplyDelete