Friday, July 27, 2007

Here comes the rain again

I woke up to the sound of rain. We had a respite the last couple of days, but it's back. And that's fine by me.

It's not raining hard, and I love hearing the rain's singsong this morning.

I am behind on some projects at work. I have had a hard time figuring out how to do what I need to do. It's part of the learning curve, I guess.

Last night we went to a baseball game, Astros vs. Padres. At the office I was offered a pair of free tickets at the last minute. It was totally meant to be, as Gabe had just told me he had cancelled some Chamber of Commerce commitment he had. He also managed to get my mother-in-law on the phone, and she agreed to pick up Isabel. Yay! She also agreed to pick her up from daycare again today. My friend Amanda and I have been talking about maybe doing Happy Hour together, hopefully we will be able to do it.

It's also my mother-in-law's birthday today, so I have to make sure I bring her birthday gift with me today. We got her two framed pictures of the girls, a t-shirt that says "Home is where my grandkids are" and a pretty figurine of a grandmother and child.

Also, I had forgotten I had been invited for a farewell lunch for one of my former colleagues in the Latin America group. He is not leaving the company, but he is leaving Houston and going back to Colombia to take the Marketing Manager position there. He is a great guy and will be missed.

Lastly, I finished the Harry Potter book last night. I still don't know how I feel about it. It's OK, I guess, but I am oddly empty of feeling towards it.

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time at happy hour! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I haven't been to a major league game in 9 years. Only made it to 2 minor league games last year. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of rain too. I just hate the mud that comes with it, lol! Enjoy happy hour with Amanda. Sounds like fun!:-)

    ReplyDelete