Friday, August 17, 2007

Million Dollar Dreams

Wolfang wants to know what I would do with a million dollars. Who hasn't dreamed of this at one point or another? Who has not spent many a drive home from work plotting how to spend every single dollar that the IRS doesn't take away? Come on, admit it, you have done it too.

Anyway, the rules are simple:

1- Describe what would you do if you had a million dollars
2- Tag 5 people
3- Reproduce the list of bloggers who have already done this challenge and add your name at the end.

If I had a million dollars... the first thing I would do is ask if that is net of taxes. Because it makes a big difference if I have to give uncle Sam a big chunk of moola, you know. I would have to factor that into my plans. What, you had not thought of that?

Anyway, let's say that it's a million dollars, all for me. The first thing I would do is pay off my mortgage and our car loans. The second thing I would do is pay off Gabriel's monumental student loan debt. Next I would hire a reputable financial planner, set up a college fund for each of my girls, and an investment portfolio for Gabe and I, so we can retire someday. There goes three quarters of a million.

Once all the sensible plans are fulfilled, I would ask for a leave of absence from work, make a travel budget and go everywhere I am able to, see all the wonderful things I have been reading about since I am a little girl. I would take my husband and children with me, and maybe my parents and my in-law's too. I would seek to inmerse myself as much as I could into the culture of each place I visit.

So there you have it. Not the most original plan in the world, I know. But oh, how I wish it could come to fruition.

For this Meme I am tagging:


Corey
Keara
Rochelle
Andrea
bea n. random


What They Do With Their $1 Million.

1. SYH will spend for Family

2. Miche will give to the needy

3. Montessorimum will keepsake

4. Lovely Mummy will spend & save

5. MummyInVain will fully utilise

6. Babyfiona will buy house and open business

7. MonkeyWong will go for a long vacation

8. Emila Yusof will realise her dream

9. Mariuca will open a Perfume Gallery

10.Janice Ng will upgrade house and go for long vacation

11.Hin will blog to donate for charity

12.Bobo will invest in property and let her parents go on a holiday.

13. Adrian will spend it all!

14. Brad will spend all of his money on foolish gadgets

15.Danielle will buy a cottage in the woods and never look back

16. Brown Baron will hold a $17,500 blog contest.

17. Bobby will be on a World vacation forever.

18. Wolfgang will try to live, fix the things that can be fixed with what money can buy, and (hopefully) live happily ever after (feel free to shorten to include only the linked part when you repost please).

19. Ingrid would do the sensible thing financially, then take her family with her and become a globetrotter for six months.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool Meme.

    And, with the moolah, Meghan would do exactly what Ingrid would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how fun! :) I'll get to this soon. as I will the last one you tagged me for. I am bit behind these days, and want to get a new picture of me for the last meme.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl...to make this easier for me....could you copy and paste your HTML of the list of participants to me in and email? Pretty PLEASE! with sugar on top???
    coreycw@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wolfie tagged me too - but I haven't done it yet, maybe tonight. I am a lot like you though - very practical. But I never thought of Uncle Sam, I guess he'll have to wait in line for whatever is leftover - so at the end of my megaspending spree I will likely be going to jail for unpaid taxes! :-)

    ReplyDelete